A Smitten Kitten
Our cat Argus.
Argus is a rescue that was found in a back yard of an apartment complex living in an abandoned boat with his 4 siblings and his mother.
Argus was placed with us before he ended up at the shelter with his siblings.
Knowing that black cats have a lower likelihood of being adopted is what prompted us to pick out the all black kitten.
Here at A Smitten Kitten, we are focused on providing grooming services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction & we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
Meet Jennifer, Owner of A Smitten Kitten:
I have been a groomer of Cats & Dogs for over a decade. I have worked with many types of animals over my career. My very first Job was a trail guide on horseback when I was 17. I enjoy riding horses still to this day!
I got my first grooming job as a bather for a salon who's owner showed Standard Poodles. I learned a lot from that job, and later attended grooming school, in Pasadena California. I worked as a groomer for a few years & eventually wanted to do something more, I was determined to work at an animal hospital to see if I could help make a difference in that field.
I enjoyed working at the animal hospitals, as I learned so much in such a short period of time. I started out in Pharmacy, and helping as a vet technician. They quickly moved me up from taking weights, temperatures, and assisting in the appointment rooms to doing dental cleanings, and helping in surgery.
It was a lot of long hours, and sometimes sad moments that really made me miss grooming. I still groomed at the animal hospital for those special dogs and cats that could not be safely groomed in a salon setting. But I missed the moments after the pets were groomed, how happy they were, how good they felt. Most animals that left the vet's office were not as thrilled. So I got back into my true passion. Grooming.
I have been grooming since 2003, and love it!
I have such a passion for cats, so much so, that I really want to focus on them. I will still be grooming small dogs, which I love, but cat grooming is a huge passion of mine. Grooming a dog, is much different than grooming a cat. You have to have a special set of skills to do both, but to groom a cat you have to have an understanding of cat behavior and really work around the cats needs. Dogs are trained to listen, behave & respect the groomer. Cat's require a little bit more understanding and I have the skills to do it right.
So A Smitten Kitten was born.
I have always wanted to have a Mobile Grooming business and this is the inside of my mobile grooming trailer. I have more photos to come after the graphics are applied.
Mobile Grooming is purrrfect for Cats and dogs:
- I Bring the grooming salon to you!
- No waits and no transportation issues
- Save Gas & time
- Pure convenience – your location, your desired timing
- Special care for specific needs e.g. elderly cats or cats with physical disabilities and/or chronic health conditions
Mobile Grooming often cuts out these issues:
- No Exposure noisy dogs
- No exposure to possible parasites
- Avoid Long waits in cages for their pickup or turn to be groomed
- No Tricky transportation for taxis, pets with special needs or even cats that get carsick
- The controversial practice of kennel/cage drying
- Unfamiliarity is a huge stress factor for cats – combine that with bath time and stress from travel back & forth to the groom shop then home cats are likely to turn hysterical & or potty in the carrier on the way home.
- Avoid all of these potential issues by having your pet catered too in my mobile salon right outside your door.
- Groomings completed in 2 hours or less.